I have stomach ache and could not make it to work. it’s 10:58 & I feel exhausted already. I haven’t done anything apart from taking shower ,back to bed, listening to news, scanning social media and telling my kids (my sis’s children) to keep quiet because I need the house to be quite. These things I have observed
- Mothers are really trying
- Staying at home specifically indoors is not an easy task especially if you are an active person.
- The television and radio stations focus is more on Covid 19 leaving us with so much depressing information to process at the same time.
- Most of the information on social media seems deliberately distorted by bloggers to generate traffic to their site.
Base on my last two observations I have questions for Ghanaian community and the world at large .
- Why is there so much focus on the virus and not on the remedy ??
- Does the media especially Ghanaian media know the psychological implications overfeeding the public with so much depressing news.
- Are celebrities and self again public figures aware of the humanistic consequences of sharing invalidate information.
- How about the general public; are they aware of the effect of creating or sharing in valid information into the public.
- Is the Media, public figures,and the general public aware of the effect of fear and panic on the immune system of an individual. Maybe they’re, may be not.
Well, excessive information causes fear and panic which saddens the heart of men, the effect is a break down of a man’s immune system. Ask of a man who lives in fear and panic and I will show you a man who’s depress and has his immune system compromised in the process.
My humble recommendation;
- The media and all stakeholders should be educated and caution on the damage of in inaccurate and excessive information dissemination.
- Staying positive and hopeful while practicing good hygiene should be top priorities messages to media Houses.
- This is the time we need motivational speaker speaking up to give people hope and help people restructure their lives and lifestyle regardless of the age
- This is time we need to have discussion on the loop-holes in our socio-economy and how to make the economy of the nation resilience.
- This is the time to have talks on our educational programs as a nation and if possible make the necessary needed adjustment.
- This is the time to have a second look at how the housing market and projects are being constructed and way forward architecturally and technical to helping house owners without inbuilt washrooms/restrooms.
- Finally this is the time for us to have discussion on our socio-cultural practices as well as lifestyle.
This is the time to stay positive,think and re-strategize towards making our economy,community and lives resilience once again
Thank you for reading and please let me hear your views as well.
Love and hugs